


I opened up the peaches and strained the syrup off them. While the peaches drained in the sink I got started on the custard. I made a pretty straight forward custard. Milk, sugar, egg yolks, and vanilla got cooked up in the usual way; heat the milk, whip the sugar and yolks, when the milk gets hot enough mix some into the yolk mixture and return this mixture to the rest of the milk and heat for a minute. Once I took the custard off the heat I returned my attention to the peaches, pureeing them and then adding the peaches to the custard. A little vanilla was also added at this point. I let the custard cool in the fridge overnight while I returned to a thoroughly satisfying 21 Jumpstreet marathon.


In the morning I added some cream to the peach custard and froze it. When it was finished with the freezing process I mixed more peaches into one of the pints (for Kate) and left the others smooth. I'm looking forward to fresh peaches.
No comments:
Post a Comment